[LLVMdev] C constructs to generate some of LLVM IR instructions?

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 02:23:02 PDT 2013

On 8 October 2013 17:53, Rekha R <rekharamapai at nitc.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I was studying the LLVM IR instruction set by analyzing how constructs in
> C language is getting converted to IR form.
>
> I found difficulty in finding C constructs which could generate Invoke,
> Resume, Unreachable, ExtractValue, InsertValue instructions. Can someone
> help me find some simple C code that generates these instructions in LLVM
> IR?

I have attempted to use the C API to LLVM in the past, and I have found
that it does not always expose all the features one might need.
For my project I used the C++ API to LLVM and then created my own C API to
it.
I am only talking as a user, and not an LLVM developer.
That combined with the clang -march=cpp feature makes using the C++ API to
create LLVM IR a lot easier.

James