[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Open work items with a small scope

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Oct 7 05:43:39 PDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 07:12:54PM -0700, Julian Lettner wrote:
> So my question is do you know of any open points, compiler passes,
> optimizations in the LLVM / Clang realm that are small enough for a student
> group to be tackled in a quarter (~2 months)?

One of the long term points of interest for NetBSD would be a M68000
backend for LLVM. This is the CPU family used by the original Amiga and
Atari computers. It is still alive in various forms in the embedded
space. A possible project for your time frame would be the MC specific
parts -- TD descriptions of the instruction set, assembler parsing and
disassembly. I don't know if that fits your area though.

Joerg