[LLVMdev] Removing legacy profiling code from LLVM

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed Oct 2 00:03:25 PDT 2013

We chatted in person about getting the out-of-tree patches you have that
are necessary to even remotely use the existing infrastructure posted, or
otherwise show some progress on your end toward stepping up to maintain
this code, and I waited a few weeks with no result.

At this point, I don't think it is reasonable for the open source project
to continue to carry this legacy, and I'm going to proceed with removing
it. Naturally, you can resurrect all of this in your local tree since you
have been maintaining one anyways, and given the total lack of updates this
realistically shouldn't cause you any extra work.

Hopefully, you'll be able to help work with Bob and Diego (or others, or on
your own) on ongoing work w.r.t. PGO in LLVM.