[LLVMdev] Implementing the ARM NEON Intrinsics for PowerPC

Stanislav Manilov stanislav.manilov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 09:14:59 PDT 2013

Hello LLVM Devs,

Thanks for helping me previously to cross-compile for ARM, I managed to get
a working toolchain and am currently having fun compiling different toy
problems and running them on a pandaboard.

As part of my research I am trying to implement the ARM NEON Intrinsics in
the PowerPC LLVM backend. I am still at the beginning of my efforts and am
not yet familiar with either the ARM or the PowerPC backends. After I
started investigating the code and found out that in total it is more than
100 kloc for the two backends I thought it is a good idea to ask you for
some hints of where I should start from.

I have written a small unrelated experimental backend for LLVM before, so I
have some experience with the topic.

Thanks,
 - Stan