[LLVMdev] JIT compiler on ARM issue

David Tweed david.tweed at arm.com
Tue Oct 1 07:07:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

> I've tried looking for this error, but can't seem to find any more
information on what the cause of this could be.

| This looks like a backtrace from the legacy JIT. Unfortunately that's
known to be broken on ARM and you should use the MCJIT instead (see
tools/lli/lli.cpp for an example of how to enable it).

There is one thing that's non-obvious: just setting
EngineBuilder::setUseMCJIT(true) without having the MCJIT header included
will silently just end up using the old JIT, not complain you've asked it do
something it couldn't do.

Cheers,
Dave