[LLVMdev] GVN very slow on a large switch statement

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Nov 22 22:39:32 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 06:02:01AM +0000, Riyaz Puthiyapurayil wrote:
> I find that clang is very slow compiling a C function (generated by a
> tool).

This is a known issue, I should even have a bug somewhere under my name
for it. The related issue is memory usage, e.g. the guile example
required 8GB+ last time I tried for the main part of the scheme system.

This should really get some attention as it is becoming more and more of
a problem, also affecting other categories of software.

Joerg