[LLVMdev] clang.exe: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 08:40:04 PST 2013

> This might be offtopic for llvmdev. I suggest the mailing list, cfe-users.

Thanks for the direction! I'll ping them as well.

How did you build it? clang.exe depends on crt libraries, either
> mingw32 or msvcrt.

I didn't build it. I installed clang with the snapshot installer for
Windows: http://llvm.org/builds/
<http://llvm.org/builds/>

> Please try (and watch their output);
>
> > clang --version
> > clang -v -O2 -o hello.exe hello.c

I'm using clang version 3.4 (trunk), from LLVM 3.4.svn.

I'm away from my Windows computer for now, but I'll try to get the full
outputs later.

> Please confirm;
>
>   - Which library did you install? Visual studio or mingw?
>   - Where is its path?

As I did not build clang myself, but used the snapshot installer, I don't
know for sure.

I can tell you that I do not currently have any Visual Studio product
installed.

I do have a form of cygwin installed (Git <http://git-scm.com/> Bash for
Windows), and also
StrawberryPerl<http://chocolatey.org/packages?q=StrawberryPerl>.
Either of these could include some C libs, though I doubt clang.exe was
built to integrate with them in mind.

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker