[LLVMdev] Limit loop vectorizer to SSE

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri Nov 15 12:36:34 PST 2013

On 15 November 2013 20:24, Joshua Klontz <josh.klontz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed, is there a pass that will insert a runtime alignment check? Also,
> what's the easiest way to get at TargetTransformInfo::getRegisterBitWidth()
> so I don't have to hard code 32? Thanks!

I think that's a fair question, and it's about safety. If you're getting
this on the JIT, means we may be generating unsafe transformations on the
vectorizer.

Arnold, Nadav, I don't remember seeing code to generate any run-time
alignment checks on the incoming pointer, is there such a thing? If not,
shouldn't we add one?

cheers,
--renato