[LLVMdev] Any objections to my importing GoogleMock to go with GoogleTest in LLVM?

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Fri Nov 15 04:04:36 PST 2013

On 15/11/2013 10:01, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> Despite the increasingly polarized discussion here, I am not actually
> in serious disagreement with any of the principles or high level
> sentiments expressed by folks like Chris, Renato, and to a limited
> extent Alp. (Limited because he got off on a tangent that isn't even
> relevant about some kind of corporate interest in freezing APIs. That
> is total bunk.)

Good to hear there is no conspiracy ;-)

Can I suggest winning back confidence by pruning the unit test sprawl
covering high-level interfaces like tooling, and not adding further to it?

I seriously don't think anyone would argue vehemently against unit /
mock testing of fundamental data types and algorithms once this has been
addressed.

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com