[LLVMdev] Vectorization of loops with conditional dereferencing

Ralf Karrenberg Chareos at gmx.de
Thu Nov 14 10:58:01 PST 2013

Hi Nadav,

On 14/11/13 17:38, Nadav Rotem wrote:
> Sure.  Vectorization of stores is done by loading the current value from memory, blending the new value and saving it back to memory.

Just a side note: You may run into trouble with this approach when
people start using the loop vectorizer in combination with multi
threading. The load/blend/store scheme introduces a race condition in
this scenario.
I don't know if this is a valid use case for you, but it may be worth
keeping in mind.

Cheers,
Ralf