[LLVMdev] asan coverage

Kostya Serebryany kcc at google.com
Thu Nov 14 05:42:40 PST 2013

Bob, Justin,

I've just committed a poor man's coverage implementation that works with
asan.
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?rev=194701&view=rev
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?rev=194702&view=rev
It provides only function-level boolean coverage (i.e. no counters, just
"visited or not"),
but is very fast and very simple (no extra sections to the binary file, etc)
I've tried it for Chrome's content_shell (huge and heavy binary) and the
overhead
is negligible at both run-time and shutdown-time.

We'll be evaluating this implementation and collecting usage stats.
Maybe we want to implement something simple like this in the Clang coverage.

--kcc