[LLVMdev] loop fusion in LLVM

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 13 09:26:19 PST 2013

On 11/12/2013 8:08 PM, Qi Liao wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your input. We will look more into the legality and
> profitability checks you've mentioned.

Identify some motivating cases where the performance benefits will be
fairly obvious, and restrict the fusion to handle these.  This will save
you some work for the project and you can still extend it later.  I'm
thinking about cases like array contraction, or situations where one
loop initializes some array, and then the next loop updates some of the
elements again (overwriting previous values).

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation