[LLVMdev] Proposal: Improvements to Performance Tracking Infrastructure.

Kristof Beyls kristof.beyls at arm.com
Wed Nov 13 08:22:54 PST 2013

Hi Arnaud,

Yes, adding or removing benchmarks will result in not comparing
like-for-like between different benchmark runs.
My expectation is that we'll need to find some solution for this, not just
for aggregated compile time measurements,
but also for the execution time measurements. We can't assume the benchmark
sources will remain bit-identical
for a long time; as we encourage improving (i.e. changing) the benchmark
sources.

Not allowing changes to benchmark sources would result in a slower rate of
improving the benchmark sources.

Kristof