[LLVMdev] loop fusion in LLVM

Qi Liao qiliao at umich.edu
Tue Nov 12 08:39:17 PST 2013

Hi,

I am a student and my team is trying to identify a suitable topic for our
compiler class final project. The requirement is to implement some
optimization in LLVM that is not already existed, at least not in the list
of standard opt that LLVM already has. We are looking at loop fusion as a
potential candidate topic. Since we are all new to LLVM we would like to
ask for experts' opinions here if there already is a well known
implementation of loop fusion pass existed, and if not, is there a
particular reason that it is not done given such optimization is fairly
standard?

Thank you.

-Qi