[LLVMdev] Android JIT patch

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Nov 11 00:30:45 PST 2013

On 11 November 2013 01:45, James Lyon <jameslyon0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've attached a patch which has got JIT compilation working (for me at
> least!) on Android. It turns out that the problem was a bunch of intrinsic
> __aeabi* functions which reside in libgcc.a rather than libc.so so are not
> available unless explicitly linked in, so it's rather similar to the
> StatSymbols hack.

Hi James,

I may be wrong, but I remember LLVM treating "androideabi" as "aeabi",
which is wrong. This may be the source of your problem, and I think we
should teach Clang/LLVM to understand the Android ABI in its full form.

There's one other minor change since setLastModificationAndAccessTime can't
> be supported on Android; all relevant system calls are missing from the C
> library. I've therefore changed the code to fail at runtime rather than
> compile-time here.

This sounds worse... I'd rather we fixed the behaviour than the cause...

cheers,
--renato