[LLVMdev] C++11 features in LLVM & Clang / bounding support for old host compilers

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Nov 10 10:21:35 PST 2013

"Vesa Norilo" <vnorilo at siba.fi> writes:

[snip]
> What baffles me is why sticking with WinXP (outdated, EOL operating
> system which is proprietary and will never be patched after april
> 2014) would resolve *any* problems whatsoever.

Now that you ask:

As there is a long number of XP systems out there (about 70% of my
software installations run on XP) some of us will be forced to support
that OS probably beyond 2016. Having the possibility of building on XP
simplifies software testing and packaging a bit.

I'm not using LLVM on production code and I'm looking forward to switch
to either MinGW-64 or VS2013 (when they fix the bugs) precisely because
C++11 support, so the change on LLVM doesn't impact me, but I wouldn't
be surprised if someone is not thrilled by the proposed change on LLVM.

[snip]