[LLVMdev] Is $ not allowed in names?

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Thu Nov 7 06:02:18 PST 2013

I'm working on my exported symbols, where often I have to join names
together (like module and function name). I'd been doing this with an
underscore '_' and everything worked fine. I decided to switch to '$'
and suddenly the JIT execution is causing segfaults (nothing else changes).

Is the '$' character somehow special and not allowed in identifiers?

I also notice that other symbols, like '[' get encoded at some point
into their ascii hex code it appears. It also causes problems, but at
least it's visible what happened. The '$' is retained and just fails
somehow...

NOTE: I'm able to change to other alpha-numeric sequences and
underscores, like 'A' or "__" and all works fine. So I don't think I'm
getting a name wrong.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.