[LLVMdev] memcpy function in LLVM

maryam raiyat raiyat at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 19:32:57 PST 2013

Hi,
II understood that LLVM uses the term " llvm.memcpy.p0i8.p0i8.i64" for memcpy function, and the term " llvm.memmove.p0i8.p0i8.i64" for memmove function.  but the considerable point is that IR code shows that LLVM not only uses "llvm.memcpy.p0i8.p0i8.i64" for memcpy function , but also for arrays like  char x[100] !!! This means custom instruction selector for memcpy functions monitors all arrays of source code as memcpy function. But, for memmove function it is not the same. Am I right? what should I do ti fix this problem?
Thanks

Maryam Raiyat Aliabadi
Research Assistant , University of British Columbia
raiyat at ece.ubc.ca
Cell: +1 778 882 4272

Get a signature like this:  Grab yours!