[LLVMdev] configparser and ConfigParser are different

Geoffrey Irving irving at naml.us
Wed Nov 6 10:24:01 PST 2013

LLVM builds with me on the release_33 branch, but fails on trunk.  I
bisected the problem to this commit:

commit b49fb7bcd5001567d2da06f6a6e1c7ba79649e1b
Author: Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org>
Date:   Wed Aug 14 23:15:39 2013 +0000

    [llvm-build] Make Py3 compatible.

    git-svn-id: https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk@188424
91177308-0d34-0410-b5e6-96231b3b80d8

Specifically, the problem is that configparser and ConfigParser
apparently expose subtly different interfaces.  Indeed, the attached
patch fixes the problem for me (with python 2.7.4).  I haven't yet
investigated how the two modules are different, and obviously this
isn't the right patch.

More investigation coming up.

Geoffrey