[LLVMdev] how to avoid llvm to optimize variable

sebastien deldon (PGI) sebastien.deldon at pgroup.com
Wed Nov 6 05:05:11 PST 2013

Hi all,

For debugging purpose, I would like to create temporary local variables that I want to keep 'live' for a routine execution. They will be set to a value at routine entrance and I they will never be used.
Is there a way to avoid llvm to optimize them away when mem2reg is performed ?

Thanks for your answer
Seb