[LLVMdev] Android build patch

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Tue Nov 5 11:09:01 PST 2013

Is it possible to try your program on a non-Android Linux?  It might make debugging a bit less painful.

If you haven't updated to the trunk code recently, it's possible that calling finalizeObject more than once would cause a crash.  The changes that introduced multiple module support should have fixed that issue.

It might be useful to set breakpoints in the memory manager you are using.  During finalizeObject you are likely to see calls to finalizeMemory, getSymbolAddress, registerEHFrames and notifyObjectLoaded.  I think registerEHFrames is the most likely source of the problem, particularly given that the debugger is also crashing.  If that's the problem, you could probably get a little further (for experimental purposes at least) by just having the memory manager do nothing in response to that call.

-Andy