[LLVMdev] [ARM] Mixing rel/rela relocations

Tim Northover tnorthover at apple.com
Mon Nov 4 11:20:16 PST 2013

Hi Shankar,

> Does LLVM emit rel/rela relocations with ARM ?

I believe we emit .rel for (32-bit) ARM. Hard-coded in ARMELFObjectWriter.cpp (“HasRelocationAddend”). It seems to be what most toolchains have settled on. AArch64 is .rela always in LLVM, in case it matters.

> Any tests ?

Well there are tests of what we do, but obviously not of the full scope of functionality permitted by the ABI.

Cheers.

Tim.