[LLVMdev] Add a 'notrap' function attribute?

Nick Lewycky nlewycky at google.com
Fri Nov 1 13:26:07 PDT 2013

FYI, see also the previous discussion about "speculatable":

  http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2013-July/064426.html

I think such an attribute should be added.

In the thread which lead up to that thread, I proposed using more
fine-grained attributes and Michael rightly pointed out the problem with
that: you'd need one for every possible form of undefined behaviour. You
listed "nofptrap", "nodivtrap" and "nomemtrap", but you didn't say
"nounreachabletrap". Whoops!

Nick