[LLVMdev] Implementing the ldr pseudo instruction in ARM integrated assembler

David Peixotto dpeixott at codeaurora.org
Fri Nov 1 11:54:42 PDT 2013

Hi Jim,

> In these examples, I don't see the directive that indicates where the
> assembler should place the constant pool?

As Tim mentioned, the directive in question is .ltorg. I had planned to
implement that in a separate step once the initial support for ldr-pseudo
was complete. The .ltorg directive is only required when the constant pool
would be placed too far away for the offset to be encoded in the pc-relative
load. It gives the programmer an escape, but is not required for an initial
implementation.

I was thinking that without the .ltorg directive the constant pool would go
at the end of the section.