[LLVMdev] Current state of the lld project

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Fri Nov 1 08:53:19 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for testing lld on windows.  This is really useful.

On the status page, we are consistently testing Linux binaries with ELF
to work on x86_64.

They also work on other architectures too like Hexagon.

Currently the windows link flavor doesnot handle targets, I am not sure
of what kind of binaries it can run, but I have heard that it can build
windows binaries and run them. I am adding Ruiu here, who has been
working on making windows work on lld.

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

On 11/1/2013 4:51 AM, Daniel Albuschat wrote:
> 2013/10/31 Daniel Albuschat <d.albuschat at gmail.com>:
>> on the lld main page at http://lld.llvm.org, it says:
>>
>> "lld is in its early stages of development.
>> It can currently self host on Linux x86-64 with -static."
>>
>> Is this information up-to-date?
> I made a quick test on a Windows 8 64bit system:
>
> test.c: int main () { return 42; }
>> clang -c test.c
>> lld -flavor link test.o
>> .\test.exe
> This application can not be run in Win32 mode.
>
> Maybe I can produce correct results by specifying -target, but I
> couldn't get it to even accept -flavor and -target arguments in the
> same command line.
>
>> lld -target x86_64-pc-win32 -flavor link test.o
> warning: ignoring unknown argument: -flavor
>
> Greetings,
> Daniel Albuschat

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation