[LLVMdev] How to configure the optimization parts in codegen

Frank Winter fwinter at jlab.org
Thu May 30 11:38:47 PDT 2013

Hi all!

I would like to know if it's possible to tell LLVM which optimizations
to apply during "Scheduling Formation" (SF) and "Late Machine Code
Optimizations" (LMCO).
Right now, I add 1 pass to LMCO via addPassesToEmitFile, the one that
emits the file, that's it. I was wondering if there is a similar list of
available passes for SF and LMCO like there is for IR passes that one
can choose to apply; or is this totally the responsibility of the
backend writer and I can only influence this by an optimization level or
options passed to 'createTargetMachine'?

If anyone could shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated.

Frank