[LLVMdev] unexpectedly loop hanging

Alexandru Ionut Diaconescu alexandruionutdiaconescu at gmail.com
Tue May 28 07:52:57 PDT 2013

As an update, it is a memory problem which I don't know how to fix.

I tried to skip the problematic piece of code when in the case when the
loop hangs. So I did something like :

          if( instr )
          {
            LLVMContext& C = instr->getContext();

              Value* values[cnt];
              errs()<<"\ngy: \n";

          if(!(desters==7)){    // this is the condition I put to skip the
case when it hanged

              for(int gy=0;gy<cnt;gy++){

values[gy]=ConstantInt::getSigned(Type::getInt64Ty(C),cebag[gy]);
                errs()<<" "<<gy;
              }

             SmallVector<Value*, 100> bla;
             for(int gy=0;gy<cnt;gy++){
              bla.push_back(values[gy]);
              }

            instr->setMetadata("path",MDNode::get(C,bla));

                if( (instr->getMetadata("path")) ){
                  for(int gy=0;gy<cnt;gy++){
                      if(instr->getMetadata("path")->getOperand(gy)) {
                    errs()<<"\n
"<<*(is->getMetadata("path")->getOperand(gy))<<"\n";

                  }
                 }
                }

            } // closing bracket for the extra condition that I put

          }

>From the terminal output, I see that the problematic case is skipped, but
then it was printed:

---------------------------PROCEED TO NEXT
BB------------------------------------
opt: malloc.c:3790: _int_malloc: Assertion `(unsigned long)(size) >=
(unsigned long)(nb)' failed.

So I thought that the problem is regarding memory freeing. I was trying to
free the memory for arrays like values or bla, using delete [] name and
even free(), but I am getting segfault.

I think it is some basic stuff that I miss.

Thank you for any suggestion !

--
Best regards,
Alexandru Ionut Diaconescu