[LLVMdev] C++ into C code conversion

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 27 03:23:24 PDT 2013

On 27 May 2013, at 07:26, Peter Fodrek-URPI FEI STU <peter.fodrek at stuba.sk> wrote:

> Kernel builder is unable to original program due to missing symbols form, C++
> library even when we finished all our ideas to dismiss these symbols.
> Therefor we are looking to tool that helps us to find out our misstakes, yet

An automated C++ to C translation tool would most likely not help with such a thing, as it would aim to produce semantically equivalent code and therefore miss the same symbols.  If your code is restricted to the Embedded C++ subset, then it should have no dependencies on the C++ runtime and so be suitable for use in a kernel.  Perhaps you can list the missing symbols?

David