[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] [3.3 Release] Release Candidate 2 Available

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Sat May 25 19:03:03 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>wrote:

> On 25 May 2013 20:42, Sean Silva <silvas at purdue.edu> wrote:
>
>> Could you please incorporate this useful document into LLVM's official
>> documentation? I think that this is good content for encouraging greater
>> external/downstream involvement in the release process. See
>> docs/SphinxQuickstartTemplate.rst to get up and running fast.
>>

> I sure can. I thought there was already a doc on that at LLVM about that.
> If there is, would be good to start there.

AFAIK, the closest we have is <http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html>,
which details basically what the release manager has to do (i.e., the
audience is LLVM developers, and release managers in particular). I really
liked the article you linked because it seemed to be targeted at an
audience of external developers and packagers, for whom we don't (AFAIK)
really have any docs about the release process, how to get involved, etc.
Since the audience is different, I think it should be its own page
(probably "ReleaseProcess.rst" would be fine, but I don't have a strong
preference).

-- Sean Silva