[LLVMdev] Deprecating autoconf/make?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu May 23 17:13:36 PDT 2013

[Re-adding llvmdev to CC list]

Richard Smith <richard at metafoo.co.uk> writes:

>> > That's not "a single CMake build" in the way I was understanding that
>> > phrase.
>>
>> The point is that the user needs a single cmake&make invocation.
>

> It's still not possible *right now*. No-one has implemented support for
> this.

I'm afraid that we are miscommunicating. The first paragraph quoted on
this message is a question by someone who clearly asks if is it possible
(i.e. technically achievable) to execute a CMake build from another. The
answer is yes, as demonstrated by how tablegen is managed while
cross-compiling by the LLVM CMake scripts. AFAIK solving the compiler-rt
case would be achieved by a similar (not identical, but similar)
approach.