[LLVMdev] Deprecating autoconf/make?

Redmond, Paul paul.redmond at intel.com
Wed May 22 21:39:17 PDT 2013

Paul, you can also just not test autoconf.  Why does it matter to you if the autoconf files are there or not ?

We want to make sure that any code we upstream is well tested. This includes building with both cmake and autoconf to ensure we don't break one build system or the other. That's the same reason the system builds with both gcc and clang. Most people here use cmake so our CI checks autoconf builds for them—that's the theory anyway :)

paul