[LLVMdev] Inlining sqrt library function in X86

Gurd, Preston preston.gurd at intel.com
Tue May 21 15:10:38 PDT 2013

Thanks, Ben.

If I do not use the -ffast-math, then the generated code calls "sqrt". If I do use -ffast-math, then the code calls __sqrt_finite.

The use of -ffast-math seems to result in gcc's math.h including /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/math-finite.h, which (I am guessing!) redfines sqrt as "__sqrt_finite".

Preston