[LLVMdev] Unsupported MCJIT tests on ARM?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Sat May 18 01:56:32 PDT 2013

Hi Renato,

> /home/user/devel/llvm/src/lib/ExecutionEngine/RuntimeDyld/RuntimeDyldELF.cpp:307:
> void llvm::RuntimeDyldELF::resolveARMRelocation(const llvm::SectionEntry&,
> uint64_t, uint32_t, uint32_t, int32_t): Assertion `(*TargetPtr & 0x000F0FFF)
> == 0' failed.

I think there's a discussion going on about this already at
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.cvs/145699 (and
surrounding).

According to Amara that assertion was a bit of paranoia so we'd know
if someone tried emitting .rel relocations and sending the result
through MCJIT. However, now we routinely re-relocate using explicit
addends so as he says it can probably just be removed.

Cheers.

Tim.