[LLVMdev] Predicated Vector Operations

Demikhovsky, Elena elena.demikhovsky at intel.com
Sat May 11 00:45:03 PDT 2013

Even in architectures, like MIC, that support masks, using masks is not always beneficial because it adds register dependency.
We analyzed these aspects and got into conclusion that vectorizer can use masked load/store and gather/scatter intrinsics to protect memory access.
Adding masks to instructions is partially possible on a target specific machine pass.

-  Elena