[LLVMdev] Predicated Vector Operations

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Wed May 8 11:32:13 PDT 2013

On May 8, 2013, at 11:07 AM, dag at cray.com wrote:

>   It might be as simple as adding
> an IR-level predicated load and predicated store, I'm not sure.

I think that selects on the inputs+outputs of instructions is a good abstraction, and I don't think that we need to add a mask operand to every LLVM IR instruction. However, we do need support for masked load/stores, and I think that we should implement them as target independent intrinsics. I don't want to change the generic LLVM IR Load/Store instructions because I don't want to modify all of the existing optimizations and I also don't want other users of the compiler to pay for this complexity.