[LLVMdev] Exception handling code works with JIT but not when compiled offline to object files.

Christian Schafmeister meister at temple.edu
Sat May 4 15:24:14 PDT 2013

I've generated a lot of exception handling code that works perfectly when I JIT the code or write it out as bitcode, load it back in to my executable and JIT it.

However, when I compile the bitcode files to object files with llc and then link them into a bundle with ld and load the bundle back into my executable the exception handling occasionally fails.

I'm running this on OS X 10.8.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

The test case is large and I'd be happy to provide it or more details if you need more details.

Best,

.Chris.

Christian Schafmeister
Associate Professor