[LLVMdev] Proposal for new Legalization framework

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Thu May 2 16:35:15 PDT 2013

On Apr 29, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Andrew Trick <atrick at apple.com> wrote:
MI can be very easily extended to represent ISD operations. MachineOperand already handles various heterogenous kinds of operands. Adding EVT/MVT would be straightforward.

Someone asked about this today and I realized my comment was too vague. Specifically, generic machine instruction operands would still be vregs. That is necessary to represent SSA and track def-use info. However, a vreg can be mapped to either a TargetRegisterClass* or an EVT.

-Andy