[LLVMdev] [Announcement] 3.3 Tentative Release Schedule

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Thu May 2 12:09:01 PDT 2013

Hi LLVM-ites!

I wanted to give you a "heads up" on the 3.3 release schedule.

Branching [Important]
---------------------

We will be branching for the 3.3 release one Monday, May 6th at 5PM PDT (Tuesday, May 7th 12:00 midnight GMT).

Tentative Schedule
------------------

The remaining schedule will follow the normal test - bug fix - repeat process:

	May 6th - 11th  --- Phase I testing
	May 12th - 18th --- Bug fixing from Phase I
	May 19th - 25th --- Phase II testing
		[ Wiggle room for further bug fixing and testing ]
	June 5th --- Release

I want to emphasize that this schedule is *tentative*. People's schedules are going to be very busy during this time, so delays will not be unusual. However, the goal is for an early June release.

Release Notes
-------------

Please start updating the release notes with any information you may have that should go out with the 3.3 release. This includes documenting major changes to LLVM: infrastructure changes, new back-ends, new passes, important performance improvements, deleted passes, etc.

Projects Using LLVM

We like to list the projects which use LLVM. If you have a project that uses LLVM in a major way, please send me a short blurb about it that can go into the release notes. (If you have commit access, please go ahead and add them to the release notes.) As normal, we start from scratch with listing these projects. So send out the blurb even if you've been listed in this section in the past.

Testers
-------

I'll send out an email to all of the people who signed up for testing soon. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

Beer
----

Is yummy. :-)

Share and enjoy!