[LLVMdev] custom landingpad data, not dwarf encoded clauses?

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Sun Mar 31 10:47:12 PDT 2013

On 31/03/13 19:28, Duncan Sands wrote:
>> How would I go about getting a custom data format stored at the
>> exception landing pads (the location _Unwind_GetLanguageSpecificData
>> returns)? The Dwarf encoded format is not well suited for the type of
>> exception handling I wish to do in my language.
> I didn't understand the question, can you please be more explicit about
> what
> you want to do exactly.

I want to write custom data at the landingpads. That is, when I call
_Unwind_GetLanguageSpecificData I would like that to point to a
structure that I have created. Currently it points to a Dwarf encoded
table, action records, etc.  A lot of my exception handling code is thus
just there to decode the Dwarf information -- which seems optimized for
C++ style type-based exceptions.

My exceptions don't need all that information. Given simply the
exception object (which is available in the personality) and a single
integer at the landingpad I can know whether I have a catch or clean. I
don't need C++ like RTTI for this to work.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.