[LLVMdev] LLVM pass question

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Mar 28 12:05:47 PDT 2013

Turns out to be a really easy fix.

The problem is that AsmPrinter initializes some things in the base class
of target lowering, so when I substitute a new target lowering, this
initializiation was not taking place.

Fortunately, AsmPrinter is already a subclass of MipsAsmPrinter so I
just need to add the following line to runOnMachineFunction ins
MipsAsmPrinter.

   const_cast<TargetLoweringObjectFile&>(getObjFileLowering())
     .Initialize(OutContext, TM);

I need to add the optimization to not call this if the subtarget kind
has not changed.