[LLVMdev] About commit TILE-Gx backend to community repository and default disabled

Jiong Wang jiwang at tilera.com
Sat Mar 23 08:32:43 PDT 2013

于 2013/3/23 23:14, Tobias Grosser 写道:
> On 03/23/2013 10:51 AM, Jiong Wang wrote:
>> on 2013/3/23 1:52, Chris Lattner wrote:

>>> Hi Jiong,
>>>
>>> I don't have any special advice here. It sounds like the general
>>> functionality level is high enough. Taking it into mainline sounds
>>> great, so long as it is reviewed by someone.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> I will commit after rebasing & re-testing the code on latest llvm
>> mainline. And I will follow http://llvm.org/docs/HowToAddABuilder.html
>> to setup a TILE-Gx buildbot.
>
> Hi Jiong,
>
> did you receive a full review by an LLVM committer who approved the
> full patch set (not just individual ones) with some kind of "Looks
> good to me"? This is the requirement Chris put for inclusion and only
> after this has happened (and there are no major concerns found during
> review) you should commit the back end.
>
> I am myself very supportive on getting this in, but I have the feeling
> this did not yet happen. So I propose to not commit this backend
> prematurely. (In case I missed something and this review already
> happened, would you mind pointing me to the email and committer who
> reviewed the backend)

Hi Tobias,

thanks for your reply, it's happy to receive more feedbacks.

below are preivous community feedbacks,

===
my first post to llvm-commit mailing list:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20130304/167737.html

my second post to llvm-commit mailing list which split the big patch
into 17 small parts:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20130311/167891.html

Anton Korobeynikov, Jakob Stoklund Olesen, Joerg Sonnenberger given some
feedback on coding style etc, all fixed.

do you think it's OK ? please feel free to point out if there is
anything missing.

thank.

---
Regards,