[LLVMdev] Changing the LLVM C API to remove a pass

Meador Inge meadori at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 07:27:39 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have finished migrating all of the simplify-libcalls pass
functionality into instcombine
and functionattrs.  Now I am ready to completely to remove what is
left of the pass from
the source tree.  However, there are a few C API functions for
creating and managing
the pass:

   /** See llvm::PassManagerBuilder::DisableSimplifyLibCalls */
   void
   LLVMPassManagerBuilderSetDisableSimplifyLibCalls(LLVMPassManagerBuilderRef
PMB,

          LLVMBool Value);

   /** See llvm::createSimplifyLibCallsPass function. */
   void LLVMAddSimplifyLibCallsPass(LLVMPassManagerRef PM);

Is it OK to remove these?  Do I need to keep them?  Or is there some
sort of deprecation process?

-- Meador