[LLVMdev] UNREACHABLE executed! error while trying to generate PTX

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:03:44 PDT 2013

The problem you are seeing is because clang is putting the global variables
in address space 0, which in NVPTX means the generic address space.  PTX
does not allow this, so the back-end *should* be printing an error for
you.  Are you using trunk or 3.2?

Generally, clang won't be compatible with the CUDA Toolkit headers.  If you
want to use the __constant__ modifier from CUDA in Clang, define it like so:

#define __constant__ __attribute__((address_space(2)))

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM, upit <uday_pitambare at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please find the .ll attached below . Yes, I am using the cuda_runtime.h
> from
> the toolkit.
> nbody.kernel.ll
> <http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/file/n56048/nbody.kernel.ll>