[LLVMdev] PROPOSAL: struct-access-path aware TBAA

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Tue Mar 12 19:48:47 PDT 2013

On 3/12/2013 9:43 PM, Shuxin Yang wrote:

> Note that, to make base/offset/size more effective, analyzer need to
> track the base along the UD chains
> as far as possible. In this case, the "bases" for the memory are "p",
> instead of &vd and &vc, respectively.

If the base pointers are the same, then offset+length for each access is
sufficient to determine aliasing.  No type information is needed for
this.  I'm still not sure exactly what this proposal is supposed to
address, but yes---given two base pointers (possibly not equal), the
structural paths to the accessed objects are not sufficient.

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation