[LLVMdev] PROPOSAL: struct-access-path aware TBAA

Shuxin Yang shuxin.llvm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 17:56:51 PDT 2013

Maybe I were not clear in my previous mail, or maybe we are talking
about different topics.

My point was, if the pair of memory accesses are direct access,  in most
cases, the base/offset/size
should be able to sufficient to figure out if they are alias or not. A
tricky case would be
subscripped variables, like a.b[i][j] vs a.c[m][n] where a.c and b.c are
enclosed in a common union.
  If mem-dep test failure to figure out if there is dependence, in that
case, TBAA might help.

  It seems what we discussing here is somewhat deviating the original
topic:-)