[LLVMdev] Generating IR bytecode files of httpd source code

teja tamboli tamboli.teja at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 17:16:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to compile apache httpd using LLVM compiler. However, I am
interested in generating llvm bytecode files  [.s or .ll] files along with
its executables. I followed steps mentioned in link :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13851661/compiling-apache-httpd-into-llvm-bytecode-using-clang

However after following all instructions when I compile httpd with
following options I get directly executable files.

CC="clang" CFLAGS="-emit-llvm" ./configure
--prefix=/home/varun/work/httpd/build --with-included-apr
make

I want to generate intermediate byte code files. My aim is to run some
optimizers on these bytecode files and then generate executables.
How should I change this command or what approach I should take to do this.

Thanks in advance !

--
Regards,
Teja