[LLVMdev] Tool to convert to backend assembly instruction file

teja tamboli tamboli.teja at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:04:22 PST 2013

Hi Chris,

I am looking for assembly low level machine instruction file. So, input
file can be either IR bytecode or executable bit code file and I want
output as low level machine instruction file. Assembly file having
instructions like mov, push, pop, add, sub etc etc. Command which can take
LLVM specific bytecode or bitcode as input and generates assembly file in
the output.

Thanks,
Teja

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Chris Cadwallader
<ccadwallader at arxan.com>wrote:

> Teja,
>
> Your mention of .s being bytecode confuses me, but if you're asking how to
> lower a bitcode (.bc) or IR file (.ll) to assembly (.s) than llc is the
> tool you are looking for.
>
> llc -O2 path/to/bitcode/input.bc -o output.s
>
> -Chris
>
> On Mar 7, 2013, at 10:39 PM, teja tamboli wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am looking for tool to convert  file from either (.s) bytecode or
> (.bc) bitcode to .asm file. Basically assembly instruction file for my x86
> backend. I think so we can use llvm-objdump. However I am not able to
> figure out its exact options. Could you please tell me how to do that?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Teja

Regards,