[LLVMdev] ARM assembler's syntax in clang

Bernie Ogden bogden at arm.com
Fri Mar 8 01:02:31 PST 2013

IIRC, reads of the PC must behave as they did when ARM processors had three-stage pipelines, regardless of the length of the actual pipeline. The consequence is that, when using PC in this way, it's value will be 2 instructions ahead of the address of the current instruction. This is so that software remains portable across cores.