[LLVMdev] Standalone use of compiler-rt for ARM

Taylor Trimble taylortrimble at me.com
Wed Mar 6 12:10:04 PST 2013

Hi all! This is my first mailing list, and first mailing list post all in one!

I’m trying to use the llvm compilers and other toolchain technologies to compile and link c code for the ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller series. I am currently able to compile and link my own simplified source (like just a main function that returns zero and an add function), and can compile other sources given by my microcontroller’s vendor (NXP). However, NXP’s libraries generate code that requires the symbols __aeabi_uldivmod, __aeabi_malloc, and other optimized versions of common functionality.

These are for sure included with compiler-rt, but I haven’t figured out how to compile compiler-rt into a library I can link into my toolchain.

Do you guys have pointers? Thanks!

Taylor