[LLVMdev] LLVM load instruction query

Alexandru Ionut Diaconescu alexandruionutdiaconescu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 03:39:22 PST 2013

Ok, so there is a general segfault. You can use a tool for detecting seg
fault, but better try to use the "return false" statement in your pass. I
assume you have your code into runOnFunction or runOnModule. So check with
return false where the program crashes. identify the statement that is
causing the segfault. The most common segfaults in LLVM are due
1. reference a NULL pointer...put if statements that check if the
structures that you have are NULL
2. check your boundaries or arrays, if for example the number of operands
is 2 and you have getOperand(2), here it is.